How to import photos from a iPhone or mobile camera device to a Windows 8 8.1 PC
We have a number of customers that find it difficult to import photos from a iPhone or another mobile camera device to a pc running windows 8 or 8.1.
After trying a number of solutions our specialist have worked out the simplest way to import photos from a iPhone or another mobile camera device.
Below is a step by step guide to successfully import photos every time.
1. Turn on and unlock the iPhone or another mobile camera device.
2. Connect iPhone or another mobile camera device to a pc running windows 8 or 8.1 using the compatible transfer or USB cable.
3. When connecting you will have a notification appear on the computer or laptop, ignore this… On the iPhone or another mobile camera device you may have a dialog box appear similar to below, please make sure to select “trust” or the button alike on other devices.
4. Open the Windows 8 or 8.1 start menu (bottom left) and type Windows Live Gallery.
If you don’t have Windows Live Gallery installed on your PC please download the application either using the Microsoft Store or following the link below…
5. Select or create a new folder where you would like your new photos to be transferred into – click on “New folder” icon – then make sure to double click on the new folder before going to the next step.
6. Select your device from the “devices” list in the left hand side bar .
*If a dialog box saying “no photos or videos were found on this device” please repeat step 3.*
7. A dialog box will appear and will display how many photos/videos have been found and options available.
8. If you chose to review and select photos/videos, all files will be grouped in date order, tick to select and deselect the groups of photos you want to import.
9. Click on import and all your photos should now be on your laptop as well as your mobile device.